Thursday, January 21, 2010

JAI1 Email Entries

If you haven't already noticed on the challenge entry and the blinkie in the sidebar, (I made that!  Can you tell I'm extra proud of myself?!), Just Add Ink accepts challenge entries via email.  All you have to do is email your challenge entry to just-add-ink@hotmail.com with your name, (and feel free to add a few details about yourself and your creation), and we'll post it here for you!  That means that you don't have to have a blog to enter our challenges.  Isn't that great?

Today we got our first e-mail entry for our Just Add Ink Colour Challenge 1 and I'm very pleased to be sharing it with you, because it's so pretty!  Any further e-mail entries will be added to this blog post so they're all in one handy location.


*    *    *    *    *

Our first e-mail entry is from Monica Van Empel and I love how she's balanced the colours in this card.  Isn't is sweet?  Feel free to leave comments for Monica here, I'm sure she'd love to hear your feedback.



Monica Van Empel


Materials:
Stamps - Paris stamp set, Trendy Trees
Paper - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Rose Red
Ink - Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Rose Red, Taken with Teal
 

*    *    *    *    *

Our second email entry is from Anna Bowden and I love how she's used strips of cardstock in the background of her card - what a great way to use the colours!



Anna Bowden

Materials:
Stamp set - Live Like You Mean It, (non-SU) Happy Birthday
Cardstock - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Rose Red, Taken with Teal
Inks - Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Whisper White


You can leave your feedback for Anna on this post - I know she'd love to know what you think.


*    *    *    *    *

Another email entry!  This card is from Esther Holt, isn't it sweet?  I really like how the ribbon acts as a 'pull' to open the card - what a great idea!  Thanks for joining in Es!


 
Esther Holt

Make sure you leave your feedback for Es on this post!


*    *    *    *    *

Email entry number 4 is from Lisa H in Melbourne.  Here's what she said about her card: 

"Hi there Amanda, Danielle & rest of the fabulous design team,

This is my little creation, based on a lovely card I received that totally hooked me on butterflies! It’s great to be able to join in without having a blog.  Thanks for setting this up and look forward to the inspiring creations." 

Thanks Lisa!  We're really pleased so many people are joining in!  I think this is such a sweet card.  I really like how Lisa has used the leaf image in different places - it really makes the whole card work together. 
 



Lisa H


Materials:
Stamps – Great Friend
Paper - Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Rose Red
Ink - Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Rose Red, Taken with Teal

 
Please leave your comments for Lisa on this post!
 
 
*    *    *    *    *
 
Email entry number 5 is from Natalie Zapantis, and she said this about her card:
 
Hi,

My name is Natalie Zapantis. I've been a Stampin' Up demonstrator since May last year and am loving it!

I designed this card using the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set that Stampin' Up is using in its Help for Haiti campaign and the 5 colours in the colour challenge. The result is a colourful simple card which I hope you like as much as I do.

Thanks!
Natalie
 
Thanks for sending it in Natalie, it's such a pretty card!  I love the DSP you've used in the background and the ribbon going across behind the hearts is really effective.  Looks like I have yet another stamp set to add to my very long wishlist!
 

Natalie Zapantis
 
You can leave your comments for Natalie on this post!
 
 
*    *    *    *    *

And the email entries keep rolling in!  This next entry is from Gail Tomkins, and Gail has created a gorgeous page layout with the colour challenge.  Gail's done a beautiful job of keeping the balance in the page with quite a few different embellishments, but still making the photo the focus of the page.  Brilliant work, Gail!



Gail Tomkins

Colour Breakdown:
So Saffron - the colour on the Lady Bug's faces
Taken with Teal - the colours in the patterned paper and the letter 'e'
Rose Red - the flower, the Lady Bug and the title
Chocolate Chip - the ink I have used around the papers and the card stock
Whisper White - the card stock


Make sure you leave a comment for Gail on this post!

*    *    *    *    *

Make sure you have a look at the fabulous entries we have so far and to leave some lovely comments - I know I love to get feedback and I'm sure you all do too!





12 comments:

  1. I really like the stamped background! Beautiful Card

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this is cute. I too love the background stamping. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is so cute - I love this! I really look forward to seeing more cos I love your style! Tania Gould

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - simple but elegant. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the composition of this card. The colours for the challenge really suit this style! Great card. Thanks for joining in at JAI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last comment was for Natalie!
    This one's for Lisa H - I love the layout and how you've used the rock'n'roll technique on the butterflies. It's such a lovely card.

    Esther - This card is just adorable with the little ribbon pull!

    Anna - I love the panelling and the overall layout of your card. It is so bright and funky!

    Monica - just so chic!

    Thanks for playing along. I remember drooling at the challenges long before I started blogging and never thought I'd ever get to have a go! It's great to see all these wonderful email entries! Keep them rolling in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Natalie Z's card. Very nice balance of colors, and of course the ribbon is a perfect touch! A card to send to your dearest friend.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All these entries are fabulous girls...I especially like Lisa H...I LURVE butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ladies:) super talent here. i have really enjoyed looking at your work again and again! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All these creations are just stunning. Love them all. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink ladies! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous scrapbook page, Gail. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are all beautiful. It's great to see a range of styles.
    Monica - as soon as I saw your Eiffel Tower card I thought this would look great as an altered notebook to use as a travel journal.
    Anna - the cardstock strips are great. This is such a fresh looking card.
    Esther - I love the design of your card. I mainly just use a basic folded card but it's nice to be reminded of more creative folded cards.
    Lisa - This is one of my favourite sets. Love the way you have used it.
    Natalie - I love the 4 pretty hearts. So clean and simple!
    Gail - Such a pretty layout!!

    ReplyDelete