Good Morning JAI Friends!
Before we get onto this weeks challenge, we would like to a say Goodbye to a couple of the team, Kelly Kent & Rachael Lewsley.
Both of these talented and lovely ladies have brought so much to the JAI team and will very much be missed by all of us and the wider JAI community. Thank you both so much for sharing your creative and fabulous projects over the years and Kelly, your Graphic genius goes without saying!
We wish them both lots of happy moving forward in whatever life brings!
So, onto this weeks challenge, suggested by Kelly. What is "Minimalist" we hear you ask! According to Google, this is the basic principle...Make of it what you will!
"Minimalist art is an extreme type of abstract art that usually is depicted through simplistic shapes and hard edges, all while exposing the essence of the forms and materials used. One of the most common is repetition, or creating multiple images of the same shape, especially simple geometric forms like lines or squares. Artists repeat shapes and compose projects composed of vertical colour blocks. Simple, paired down to the fewest possible lines or forms"
Here is what the Design Team have come up with this week to provide you with inspiration...
- Create a card, layout or 3D project using our challenge as inspiration.
- Link your post, NOT your whole blog back here.
- Your project must be new, created for this challenge and combined with no more than 5 other challenges.
- Please mention JUST ADD INK in your blog post and provide a link so others can come and join in the fun too.
- Colour Challenges: Please use "ONLY" the challenge colours or as close as possible when creating your project. (Black-White-Vanilla & Metallics may also be added)
- Alphabet Challenges: Please comment in your post exactly what your "Alphabet" element is.
- Choose Two Challenges: Please comment in your post which of the "Two" elements you chose.
- Please DO NOT use your challenge entry as self promotion. We are here to have fun and encourage creativity.
- We reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with the above guidelines.
- The challenge closes each Wednesday at 10.00 pm (AEST) Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Post a Comment