Happy scrapbooking weekend for all those scrapbookers out there this first weekend of May! This month's challenge is...
Just Add Vintage/Heritage
Vintage or Heritage scrapbooking is often similar but Heritage is often about family history or events. It can also have a modern twist with an old photo or be vintage in style. Vintage is a style but can be on modern events or ancestors/times gone past events. Confused? Don't worry that's normal! Most vintage/heritage LOs (layouts) are a combination of the two which is why we have said Vintage/Heritage this month! Here are some styles from the DT to inspire you.
Ruth Clarke with a Heritage LO of herself. Ruth has vintage elements in her LO with the paper she has used.
Tina Gillespie with a Heritage LO of family members. The flowers she has used and paper give a vintage look to her layout.
and mine (Delys) ...a Heritage/Vintage LO of my Grandparents. Ruffled edges/patchwork style is often a vintage style. Embossed cardstock and lacy edges complete the look.
So we hope you can play along this month.
Please have a look at the rules and link up with Linky tools below.
JUST ADD INK RULES
- Create a Layout/Scrap page using our challenge as inspiration.
- Link your post, NOT your whole blog back here.
- Your project must be new, created for this challenge and combined with3 or less challengesif you like.
- Please mention JUST ADD INK in your blog post and provide a link so others can come and join in the fun too.
- Please DO NOT use your challenge entry as a way of advertising products/tutorials etc. which are for sale. We're here to have fun and encourage creativity.
- We reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with the above guidelines.
- The challenge closes on the 31st May 2012 at 10.00 pm (AEST) Australian Eastern Standard Time. For the US submitters this means the day before!