Sunday, January 1, 2012

Just Add Scrapbooking Challenge #1


HAP
PY NEW YEAR!
I hope you all have a creative and inspiring 2012 and hope you enjoy our brand new Scrapbooking Challenges.
Starting today the 1st of January we will be having a monthly scrapbooking challenge on the first Sunday of each Month.
This month you have all month to scrap a LO (Layout=scrapbook page) in any size but it must be a LO to go into an album .ie not an OTP/mini album.

This Months Theme is...
Firsts or One ..
since its our very first inaugural Challenge and its the first day of the New Year!
Please make sure you have First or One in your title.


Heres what Ruthy and I came up with for our LOs to inspire you








and even though this is an optional challenge for the rest of the Design Team, a few of them played along too ..some of them completing their first ever LO!
Here is what they came up with.








Chantell Randall




Now while some of you may be quivering in your boots at the thought of scrapbooking..Ruthy and I would like to show you one of our first ever LOs. Anyone can scrapbook and there are no rules..if you like what youve done thats all that matters. While I cringe at my first LOs that are nine years old ..its the process and memories that are often overlooked that are important in the journey.




Delys' Novice LO







As usual you need to link up using Linky Tools below.



Here are the Challenge rules for our scrapbooking challenges.

JUST ADD INK RULES
  • Create a Layout using our challenge as inspiration.
  • Link your post, NOT your whole blog back here.
  • Your project must be new, created for this challenge and combined with3 or less challengesif you like.
  • Please mention JUST ADD INK in your blog post and provide a link so others can come and join in the fun too.
  • Please DO NOT use your challenge entry as a way of advertising products/tutorials etc. which are for sale. We're here to have fun and encourage creativity.
  • We reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with the above guidelines.
  • The challenge closes on the last Friday of the month 10.00 pm (AEST) Australian Eastern Standard Time. For the US submitters this means the day before!




11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you all!
    Congratulations for the first scrapbooking challenge. All DT projects are wonderful.
    I will start mine soon :-)

    Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Layouts, Great Challenge, can't wait to play along with this new monthly challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good ladies! Happy New Year to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Delys and Ruthy for sharing your first LOs.. I am one of the quivering boots brigade, LOL! Thanks Delys for reminding me it doesn't need to be perfect; and it's the memories that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to this so I hope I did it right! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello JAI girls!

    I just wanted to ask a question. Is digi-scrapping allowed for this challenge?

    I made a digi LO for this challenge this afternoon (http://ryemilan.blogspot.com/2012/01/just-add-scrapbooking-challenge-1.html) and then realised that possibly, digi-scrapping was a no-no. Thought I'd ask before I linked to save you having to delete me ;-).

    Thanks for your help (and thanks for the inspiration regardless...I had fun),
    Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep Digi scrapping is welcome Sam..cant wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting me know Delys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. woops, I think I just added my entry a bit too late! I was working on Queensland time and forgot about daylight saving - sorry about my boo boo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=148616&title=one-marvelous-day&cat=1695

    even though it was for Jan., here is mine. :)

    ReplyDelete